Did you know that Pantheon is one of the largest hosting companies in the world for websites that use the Drupal content management system? They host more than 300,000 Drupal websites as of the year 2021! Pantheon was first introduced to the public in 2010, and it provided a hosting environment that was tailored specifically for Drupal websites. They provide teams with the ability to design, launch, and administer websites using their website management platform, which consists of an integrated collection of services and tools.
Pantheon and Drupal are a fantastic combination. Learn more about this topic as you continue reading, AND in addition, acquire the knowledge necessary to install Drupal on Pantheon from the ground up. In addition to that… You will also learn how to set up Pantheon on your local machine, useful commands for transferring data, command line interactions, and other relevant information. Get in there!
- Why do Drupal developers Love Pantheon?
- Setting Up Drupal on Pantheon
- Installing and Customizing your Drupal 9 site
- Setting Up Pantheon Locally
- The Get and Put Commands Allow for the Transfer of Files
- Terminus Command Line Tool
Why do Drupal developers Love Pantheon?
Pantheon is the preferred environment for Drupal developers, not only because it is simple to use and set up, but also because it provides a setting that is tailored specifically to Drupal websites. Even the security measures have been fine-tuned to perfectly fit the requirements of websites built using Drupal. A few more reasons why developers should go with Pantheon as their platform of choice:
- Including automated upgrades, automated backups, and automated security monitoring.
- Utilizing New Relic to Carry Out Website Performance Monitoring
- Git and version control implemented across the board
- Redis and Varnish are two caching systems that can be used to accelerate page delivery.
- Multi-device setting that makes it simple to monitor and trace code modifications
- Pantheon’s support team is quite responsive, and they are able to assist with working through server-related and technical issues.
Setting Up Drupal on Pantheon
The procedure can be broken down into a series of steps that are relatively easy to handle. To configure Drupal 9 on Pantheon, please follow the procedures outlined below.
- Register for Pantheon with your email address by going to https://pantheon.io/ and entering your information there.
- Simply begin by clicking the option labeled “Get Started.”
- After you have successfully logged in, you will be brought to the workspace page.
- To start a new site, click the Create New Site button as shown below.
- Make a decision about the kind of website you want to build. Let’s go with Drupal version 9 instead. You can learn the reason why by reading this article.
- Continue after you have provided details about your Pantheon site, such as the name of the site.
- This procedure will just take a few minutes to complete. After it is finished, visit the Pantheon site dashboard by clicking the link.
- Please check out our website by going to the “Visit Development Site” link.
Installing and Customizing your Drupal 9 site
Let’s get started on installing and configuring Drupal on your site now that you’ve had it all set up on Pantheon. When you access your website for the very first time, you will be sent to the Drupal installation page automatically.
- Pick the language that best suits your needs. It is going to be necessary for me to choose English.
- Select the Standard Installation profile from the drop-down menu.
- You will need to configure your website with details such as the site’s name, the site’s email address, a username, and a password.
- To save, click on it.
Your website built with Drupal 9 is now ready to go!
Setting Up Pantheon Locally
- To install Pantheon on your local system, use the following instructions in the appropriate order:
- Make a directory called “pantheon” and then navigate to it by typing “mkdir pantheon” followed by “cd pantheon.”
- Follow the interactive steps to get your site from Pantheon, and then make a.lando.yml file to use with lando init.
- Launch the program using the command lando start.
- Import your database and pull your files using lando.
The Get and Put Commands Allow for the Transfer of Files
In SFTP, a file transfer request can be created with the use of the Get and Put commands.
- To begin, use the SFTP command that is provided in the Connection Info file to log in to the server.
- If this is your first time signing in, you will need to generate machine tokens in order to securely authenticate yourself and identify your computer in a way that is only unique to it. Learn how to create machine tokens by reading this article.
Transferring files from a remote server to your local machine can be accomplished with the help of the GET command.
get -r <folder-name>
Transferring files from your local system to the distant server can be accomplished with the help of the PUT command.
put -r <folder-name>
Terminus Command Line Tool
Pantheon offers a command-line interface (CLI) called Terminus, which enables users to administer Drupal sites by employing a variety of effective tools. Terminus is provided by Pantheon. It is constructed on top of the Drush command-line tool, and it offers functionality that is unique to Pantheon in addition to the standard features.
There is no requirement for developers to use the Pantheon dashboard as they are able to administer their Drupal sites directly from the command line.
Visit this page in order to install Terminus: https://docs.pantheon.io/terminus/install
The following is an example of how to format the terminus command: terminus command:subcommand site>.env>
In order to establish the target site and environment in which the command will be carried out, the terminal command structure includes the notation “site.” “env.”
Now, in the end, we hope that through this post you were able to learn how to set up Drupal on Pantheon. However, if you are looking for a Drupal development company then you should check out Appic Softwares. You can even hire dedicated Drupal developers from us at competitive pricing and manage your Drupal software.
So, what are you waiting for?