Here is the complete guide!
Doesn’t your WordPress platform manage the current product enough?
Do you need a scalable platform for your E-Commerce need?
Magento is the perfect option for you here…….
Migration is often considered a tricky task and if not done right can have an adverse effect on the site as a whole. Emerging technologies have made it possible for a website migration to be carried out in a manner in which site traffic does not go down. The most complex form of migration is that of sites with a lot of details, e.g. eCommerce sites. The migration of a WordPress web site to a Magento application requires a large number of procedures.
Team Appic has interacted on a number of WordPress to Magento migrations and we assembled an innovative step-by-step migration method that covers all facets to prevent unwanted journeys.
Below are the basic measures for transferring WordPress websites to a Magento framework:
- Install and configure the server Magento Setup.
- Login to the admin panel of the WordPress website and create the same user roles in the Magento backend.
- Layout the interface and extra Magento functionality as per consumer need, such as scan, product display, shopping cart, etc.
- Creating articles & blogs on the Magento platform and manually importing material from the current WordPress website.
- Create Header, Menu, Logo, Slider & Footer manually.
- Products Export – We will export the products along with their description, categories, size/quantity, price into an excel by logging in the backend of the WordPress website and the excel sheet will be converted into Magento format. We will import WordPress photos of the items and the same will be imported into the Magento folder layout.
Both the excel sheet and images will be uploaded by logging in to the backend and FTP respectively.
We will switch bulk goods and their information (categories, orders) using the export plug-in for commodity.
- Configure the shipping method and shipping fee manually.
- Integration of Payment method and payment gateway as per customer requirement.
- All the additional features like newsletter subscription, inquiry form, live chat, social streams, etc available in WordPress can also be adopted in Magento.
- Magento functionality such as Brand filtering, robust search tools may also be introduced to the website as requested by the consumer.
- Testing on both design and functionality in the Magento website.
And the WordPress to Magento migration cycle is completed!