Managing business information can be costly and challenging at the same time, particularly if you have sophisticated or large-scale papers. Running a business requires you to handle your marketing assets and material flawlessly, as well as delivering content safely via a variety of channels, both virtual and physical.
Using a content management system (CMS) is one of the most effective ways to handle information in an efficient and dependable manner. The global CMS market is expected to reach $19.38 billion in 2023 and is projected to grow to 27.30 billion by 2028. With 43.6% of websites being custom-built, content management systems are best utilized. A CMS platform that’s popular for fixing problems with dynamic content, expanding content for all interactions, and accelerating content velocity is Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
How can you best utilize AEM’s advantages in your company? A developer for Adobe Experience Manager, nevertheless, can assist you.
Enumerate AEM developers. By utilizing AEM features, an AEM developer may generate, manage, and maintain content in addition to building websites. However, how can you choose an AEM developer that can support your company’s goals?
The tasks and responsibilities of AEM developers, how to recruit the best candidate, considerations, types of AEM developers, and other topics will all be covered in this blog.
Now let’s get going.
- Who Are AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) Developer?
- AEM Developer Roles And Responsibilities
- The Best Procedure to Use When Hiring An AEM Developer
- Considerations for Employing an AEM Developer
- Types Of AEM Developers
- Why Hire an AEM Developer from Appic Softwares?
Who Are AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) Developer?
AEM developers help non-technical individuals (writers) generate, manage, and update content as well as design websites. Therefore, hire experienced AEM developers if you want to simplify the management and distribution of content for your website and reduce the complexity of delivering an online experience.
An AEM developer designs and implements the best possible solution for organizations by making use of best practices and techniques. Additionally, they support every stage of the software development lifecycle, which includes design, technical design, analysis, use case and data modeling, development, testing, and execution of the requirements.
AEM Developer Roles And Responsibilities
Let’s examine the specific duties, responsibilities, and other aspects that an organization ought to anticipate from an AEM developer.
- Create and implement AEM-compatible integrations to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate closely with important IT and business stakeholders to gather requirements, create, and monitor design options, provide exceptional solutions and unique ideas, and lead conversations.
- possess technical expertise in the architecture, performance, integration strategy, and other systems of AEM.
- Make sure you provide your knowledge to the team, follow accepted coding conventions, and accept responsibility for the work you’ve been given.
- Assist junior team members in using code and design reviews to verify that the software developed adheres to best practices and expected quality standards.
The Best Procedure to Use When Hiring An AEM Developer
It can be intimidating to hire an AEM developer, particularly if you are not familiar with the technology. To simplify things, let’s examine how to get an AEM developer who can assist put digital experience ahead of the curve, what qualities to look for, and more.
Step1: Identify Your Needs and State Your Criteria
It is important to communicate the business needs you have for any candidate you choose for your AEM project when you get in touch with an AEM development company.
Alternatively, if you would rather employ an AEM developer from any platform, you should publish an AEM job description outlining your company’s requirements on that particular platform.
Step 2: Screening Resumes: Comparing the Resumes’ Qualifications to Your Requirements
Next, proceed to ascertain whether the prospective applicants, based on their education, experience, and other information you evaluate on their resumes, meet the requirements necessary for an AEM post.
Step 3: Have an Interview
Prepare a procedure in advance for interviewing AEM candidates. Take into account the following points for that:
- Decide on an interview structure.
- Throughout the process, communicate your expectations and format.
- Know the applicant’s professional interests, career objectives, etc. before assuming a role appropriate to the position.
- Make inquiries pertinent to the role.
- Gather knowledge and understanding about their beliefs, backgrounds, and cognitive processes.
- Permit the applicant to ask inquiries (about the role, team, business, etc.).
- Explain the next steps.
Step4: Interviewing Skills
1. AEM Development and Customization Experience
Priority one when selecting an AEM developer should go to their level of platform experience.
Inquire about the candidate’s familiarity with the AEM’s many features, including the ability to construct components, workflows, templates, and integrations. Inquire about their AEM development credentials as well.
2. Fluency in Communication
AEM developers must work closely and cooperatively with other teams, such as marketing and design, in order to guarantee the successful delivery of digital experiences. The prospective applicant must therefore be able to communicate clearly. Assessing their communication abilities during the interview process will allow you to verify that.
Additionally, ask them about their experience working in cross-functional teams and observe how they explain complex technical ideas to stakeholders who are not technical. Additionally, you can provide them with hypothetical scenarios so they can work with other teams and observe how they would respond in certain circumstances.
3. Quick Problem-Solving Techniques
By providing unique scenarios, you should be able to assess the candidate’s ability to solve complex problems. Take note of how they resolve integration or performance optimization problems as well.
Find out if they have worked on any difficult AEM projects and what challenges they overcome to finish the project. In this manner, you will be able to gauge their ability to solve problems and function well under duress.
4. Portfolio of Successfully Completed Projects
Review the past projects that your possible applicants have accomplished in their portfolio before making any decisions. This will help you determine whether they are qualified for the position and have the necessary expertise.
Additionally, inquire about the difficulties they encounter and the methods they employ to overcome them to get confidence in their experience.
5. Evaluate Resume Skills
You can assess an applicant’s requisite skills for the position of AEM developer by posing hypothetical scenarios to them throughout the interview process.
Step 5: Request References Finally
Don’t forget to verify the candidate’s references by getting in touch with former employers or coworkers who they successfully completed a project with.
- To inquire of them:
- The way they worked with the references they provided.
- their part in the project, which they successfully completed.
- spheres of proficiency for them.
- Their frail edges, among other things.
In this manner, you will have a deeper understanding of the applicant who most closely matches your business needs and possesses the necessary abilities.
Once you have completed the aforementioned steps, you may launch your AEM project and easily meet all of your business requirements.
Considerations for Employing an AEM Developer
In addition to the hiring procedure and roles and responsibilities, you should monitor the following:
1. Adobe Authorization
Make sure any AEM developer you are considering has an Adobe Certification, as this is a recognized indicator of their commitment to AEM and related services.
The achievement of an Adobe certification demonstrates to a hiring firm that the candidate has finished training and courses pertinent to their expected role.
Of course, you will encounter other AEM developers who are not certified, but it would benefit your company to seek out those that have this kind of documentation.
2. Soft Skills
Technical proficiency is a need for being considered a competent AEM developer. However, take into account individuals with soft skills, as these are just as important, particularly those who are senior engineers or have a lot of authority. These project managers or senior leads must collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders. Soft skills are therefore essential for a project to run smoothly.
Technical skills are something the candidate can master, but soft skills come naturally.
Needed soft skills are:
- Efficiency in speaking
- In charge
In addition to soft skills and an Adobe certification, the prospective applicant must have Adobe Experience Cloud experience.
You might inquire about their familiarity with Adobe and the frequency of usage of this platform.
Types Of AEM Developers
The discussion doesn’t end with AEM developers, though, as there are other kinds of AEM developers that meet specific and necessary business needs.
Below, let’s reveal a few:
Backend Developer for AEM
Working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), a CMS, an AEM Backend developer strives for server-side functionalities to guarantee that the platform operates effectively, presents expected material to the front end, and seamlessly connects with other systems.
In addition, they handle the technical facets of AEM, such as platform customization, managing user permissions, and utilizing APIs to provide the best possible user experience.
Crucial Competencies for AEM Backend Developers:
- thorough familiarity with AEM’s architecture, parts, templates, and workflows.
- programming knowledge in Java, since AEM is built on this language.
- competent in developing using tools such as Maven and the OSGi framework, which is primarily utilized for AEM development.
- Overview of the content management-assisting AEM storage solution, Java Content Repository (JCR).
- knowledgeable about leveraging APIs to integrate AEM with other platforms and systems.
- Knowing how AEM maps the content repository to HTTP using the Sling Framework, which makes content access easier.
- Most adept in creating and carrying out tests, guaranteeing dependable backend operations.
- Understanding Performance Tuning helps ensure AEM platforms respond quickly to user requests, manage traffic, and operate effectively.
- Ensure the security and safety of user data and content by making sure that no unwanted access is allowed.
- knowledgeable about Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) techniques and tools for integrating and deploying code changes as needed.
Frontend Developer for AEM
AEM front-end developers are the artists that create eye-catching layouts, fluid animations, and bright visuals in the digital realm. The AEM frontend developer makes sure that the app elements are beautifully showcased and made easy to navigate, while the AEM backend developer handles the organization of the app.
In the case of AEM, the front-end developers employ a variety of tools to design the interactive elements and graphics of the webpages in order to provide a smooth and enjoyable user experience.
Essential Competencies for AEM Frontend Developers:
- Overview of the AEM UI Frameworks.
- develops responsive designs for websites and apps to guarantee that they function properly on a range of screen sizes and gadgets.
- Be familiar with building and maintaining AEM client libraries.
- Learn how to design AEM components.
- Construct a user-friendly AEM user interface.
- Knowledge of the Adobe Coral/Granite UI Framework
- Interoperability among browsers
- Take accessibility into account when creating and building websites and applications.
- Optimization of Web Performance
- Integration with AEM Backend is seamless.
- Proficient at managing code, tracking changes, and working with others using Git and Version Control.
Headless AEM Developer
Businesses wishing to supply material to the front end by severing the backend from the display layer such that neither one is impacted by the other are fond of AEM Headless Developer.
In doing so, they contribute to enhanced user experience through quicker content delivery, increased scalability, and increased flexibility.
AEM offers a plethora of tools to help achieve this goal, and headless development guarantees content is accessible everywhere in the world without being limited by a layout or style.
Crucial Competencies for AEM Headless Development
- Understanding of Headless CMS Ideas
- expert in GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of AEM Content Fragment Models is necessary for flexible and reusable content design and management.
- proficiency with XML and JSON for the transfer of headless content.
- understanding of how to integrate AEM’s content with various gadgets, platforms, and applications.
- Verify the safe transmission of content while blocking unwanted access.
- efficiency optimization expertise for quick content delivery.
- The best at managing and tracking changes to setups and code using Git and version control.
- Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of Front-end and Back-end Programming
Developer of AEM Forms
The task of providing slick, user-friendly, and interactive digital forms on a screen falls to an AEM Forms Developer. Some refer to those who use AEM to create and build such interactive forms as digital architects. Their responsibility is to make sure that consumers fill out digital forms that are easy to use, efficient, and functional—for example, by registering for an event, subscribing to a newsletter, or applying for a job.
AEM Forms Developer Essential Competencies:
- deep familiarity with AEM formats.
- To produce forms that are both aesthetically pleasing and easy to use, adhere to form design principles.
- Make a responsive and adaptable design.
- greatest at incorporating forms into other platforms.
- competent at crafting and structuring data using XML and XDP architecture.
- familiarity with workflow design.
- Make sure the data is safe.
- grasp of backend programming.
- Maintain an attitude of ongoing learning.
Why Hire an AEM Developer from Appic Softwares?
Our years of experience allow us to provide AEM services, guarantee that our AEM developers satisfy your company’s needs, and focus on working with Adobe and its products. We have the ideal talent for your needs, no matter what your business demands are.
Our AEM developers who are Adobe Certified are:
- Rich in experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Work together smoothly with clients and teams.
- most adept in dialogue.
- Handle the adjusting of priority.
- possess an understanding of speed optimization
The efficient production, management, and upkeep of your digital material is guaranteed when you work with our AEM developers.
Therefore, you may recruit an Adobe AEM developer by taking into account a number of aspects, including problem-solving abilities, soft skills, experience, certification, and more, and by following the procedure we covered in this article.
In this manner, you will be able to identify the ideal AEM developer for your business, one that will help you meet your objectives and advance your organization.
Speak with an AEM consulting firm right now!