Do you know, in June 2023 Nana Direct saw a boost in their userbase and there were 19K+ which made the tally to 38K? The rise in traffic showcases the increase in demand for grocery delivery in the middle east, and thus if you too are planning to create an app like Nana Direct you’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we would be informing you about the must-have features and the cost of development, so let’s check the content of this post-
- What Is Nana Direct?
- Must-Have Features In An App Like Nana Direct
- Cost Of Creating An App Like Nana Direct
- How To Create An App Like Nana Direct?
What Is Nana Direct?
Nana is a mobile app that aims to provide a solution for those who are short on time, unable to go grocery shopping, or in need of essential items. It facilitates on-demand grocery delivery and allows users to order groceries, meals, and snacks conveniently through the app. Whether you need to stock up on groceries, get ingredients for a meal, or have snacks for a movie night, Nana promises to have you covered.
Must-Have Features In An App Like Nana Direct
User Registration and Login:
- User sign-up with email, phone number, or social media accounts.
- Secure login with password or biometric authentication.
Product Search and Filtering:
- Advanced search functionality with keyword search and filters (categories, brands, prices, etc.).
- Auto-suggestions and predictive search for quick results.
Product Details and Images:
- Detailed product descriptions, including ingredients, nutritional facts, and allergens.
- High-quality product images from multiple angles.
- Create, manage, and organize shopping lists for different occasions or regular purchases.
- Option to add items to the cart directly from the shopping list.
- Ensure up-to-date product availability status, preventing users from ordering out-of-stock items.
- The cart can be edited and expanded.
- Display cart subtotal, taxes, and delivery fees.
Multiple Payment Options:
- Accept credit/debit cards, digital wallets, net banking, and cash on delivery.
- Secure payment gateway integration.
- Offer various delivery options like home delivery, curbside pickup, or in-store shopping.
- Specify delivery fees and minimum order requirements.
- Allow users to select a convenient date and time for delivery or pickup.
- Provide real-time updates on delivery status.
- Location-Based Services:
- Use GPS to detect the user’s location for accurate store availability and delivery options.
- Enable users to search for nearby stores.
Promotions and Discounts:
- Display ongoing promotions, discounts, and special offers on products.
- Apply coupon codes for additional discounts.
- Real-time order tracking with status updates, from processing to delivery.
- Send notifications for order confirmation, dispatch, and delivery.
- In-app chat, email, or phone support for resolving queries and addressing issues.
- Knowledgebase or FAQs section for self-help.
Ratings and Reviews:
- Allow users to rate and review products and services.
- Show average ratings and reviews for each product.
User Profile and Order History:
- User profiles with personal details and preferences.
- Access order history for reordering and tracking past purchases.
- Share product links, shopping lists, or reviews with friends and family through social media.
- Incorporate accessibility features like text-to-speech, voice commands, and high contrast mode.
- Provide the app in multiple languages for a diverse user base.
- Allow users to view previously loaded data and continue shopping even without an internet connection.
- Send personalized notifications for offers, order updates, and reminders.
User Rewards and Loyalty Programs:
- Implement a rewards system to incentivize repeat purchases and user loyalty.
- Allow users to scan product barcodes for quick searching and adding to the cart.
- Provide individualized product suggestions based on customer interests and previous purchases.
Social Login and Sharing:
- Enable easy login and account creation through social media accounts.
Bulk Ordering and Shopping Lists Import:
- Allow users to upload CSV files or import shopping lists from other platforms.
Cost Of Creating An App Like Nana Direct
The cost of creating an app like Nana Direct can vary significantly based on several factors, including the app’s complexity, features, platform (iOS, Android, or both), development approach (native or hybrid), location of the development team, and other related expenses. When calculating the development cost, take into account the following cost factors:
Design and Development:
This includes creating the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, front-end development, and back-end development. Costs may depend on the number of screens, the complexity of features, and the hourly rates of developers.
Database and Server Costs:
To store user data, and product information, and manage order processing, you might need to invest in databases and servers.
Payment Gateway Integration:
Integrating secure payment gateways will incur additional costs.
If you plan to integrate third-party services for location-based services, push notifications, or other functionalities, there might be associated fees.
Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing:
QA and testing are crucial to ensure the app works smoothly and without errors.
If you decide to develop the app for both iOS and Android platforms, the costs will be higher than developing for a single platform.
Maintenance and Updates:
Regular maintenance and updates to keep the app compatible with new OS versions and devices.
Security and Privacy:
Ensuring the app’s security and compliance with privacy regulations may involve additional costs.
Legal and Licensing:
Registering the app, acquiring necessary licenses, and legal fees.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Budget for marketing and promoting the app to attract users and increase visibility.
Keep in mind that the development cost can vary significantly depending on the development team’s location and experience. Hiring a local team might be more expensive than outsourcing to a team in a different region.
However, you can expect the app to be developed somewhere between 75,000 AED to 3,00,000 AED.
How to Create An App Like Nana Direct?
Creating a grocery delivery app involves several steps, and it’s a complex process that requires careful planning and development. Below is a high-level overview of the steps involved in creating a grocery delivery app:
Market Research and Idea Validation:
- Conduct market research to understand the demand, target audience, and competitors in the grocery delivery sector.
- Validate your app idea by gathering feedback from potential users and stakeholders.
Define App Features and Functionalities:
- Identify the core features and functionalities your app will offer, such as user registration, product search, shopping cart, payment gateway, order tracking, etc.
Choose the Right Platform:
- Decide whether you want to create a native app (iOS and Android) or a cross-platform app using technologies like React Native or Flutter.
Design and User Interface:
- Create a user-friendly and intuitive app design that offers a seamless user experience.
- Design the app’s logo, icons, and visual elements.
- Develop the server-side infrastructure and database to handle user accounts, product catalogs, order management, etc.
- Set up a secure payment gateway for transactions.
- Build the user interface of the app, integrating it with the backend functionalities.
- Integrate with third-party APIs for services like location services (for tracking deliveries), payment gateways, and SMS notifications.
Testing and Quality Assurance:
- Conduct rigorous testing to identify and fix bugs and issues in the app.
- Try out the app on various hardware and running systems.
Launch and Deployment:
- Post your software in marketplaces like the Apple Software Store and Google Play Store.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Develop a marketing strategy to promote your grocery delivery app.
- Reach your target audience by using social media, content marketing, and other platforms.
Monitor and Improve:
- Monitor the app’s performance and gather user feedback to continuously improve the app and add new features.
Remember that developing a grocery delivery app involves complex technical and business aspects. If you’re not experienced in app development, you may consider hiring a team of developers or a mobile app development company to help you with the process.
Now, in the end, we hope that through this post you were able to gain knowledge on how to create an app like Nana Direct. However, if you are looking for a company that can help you create an app like Nana Direct, then you should check out Appic Softwares.
We have an experienced team of developers that have previously developed several grocery delivery apps for clients around the globe.
So, what are you waiting for?