Carousell is a buy-and-sell portal that was founded in Singapore in 2012. At first, users could only buy and sell used smartphones on their portal, but now one can list cars, fashion items, and more on their store.
If you are looking for statistics related to Carousell then you are at the right place, let’s have a look at the content of this post and help you gather more information about Carousell.
|Company Name||Carousell Pte. Ltd.|
|Founded By||Quek Siu Riu, Lucas Ngoo, Marcus Tan|
Content Of This Post:
- What Is Carousell?
- Carousell Key Statistics
- Carousell User Statistics
- Carousell Revenue Statistics
- Carousell Net Worth
- Carousell Demographic Statistics
- Carousell Traffic Statistics
What Is Carousell?
Carousell is a Singapore-based online marketplace and mobile app that allows users to buy and sell a wide variety of new and secondhand items. It was founded in 2012 by Quek Siu Rui, Marcus Tan, and Lucas Ngoo, and it has since become one of the largest and most popular online classifieds platforms in Southeast Asia.
Carousell’s platform enables users to list items they want to sell, such as electronics, clothing, furniture, collectibles, and more. Buyers can browse these listings, communicate with sellers, and make transactions within the app. The platform also includes features such as chat messaging, location-based search, and user ratings to facilitate safe and convenient buying and selling experiences.
Over the years, Carousell has expanded its services and presence in various Southeast Asian markets, including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Taiwan. It has gained popularity for its user-friendly interface and its role in enabling people to declutter their homes, find unique items, and generate extra income through online sales.
Carousell Key Statistics
- Carousell had 6.2M visitors on its website in August 2023.
- The average duration a customer spends on Carousell is 2:54 mins.
- On average a visitor visits 3.50 pages on Carousell.
- Carousell has a 59.44% bounce rate on their website.
- It is ranked #1 under the category of Ecommerce and shopping in Taiwan.
Carousell User Statistics
- Carousell had +414.9K visitors in August as compared to July 2023.
- Carousell saw a +7.21% change from July to August 2023.
Monthly Carousell Visitors
Carousell Revenue Statistics
- Carousell had $82.5 million in revenue in 2022 which was 67% more as compared to the previous year (2021).
- In 2021 Carousell had $49.5 million in revenue.
Carousell Yearly Revenue & Losses
|Year||Revenue ($mm)||Loss ($mm)|
Carousell Net Worth
- Carousell became South Asia’s online marketplace unicorn with its net worth reaching $1.1 billion.
- The company raised its funding round and got funded from STIC Firm.
Carousell Demographic Statistics
Carousell Geographical Statistics
- The highest traffic on Carousell comes from Taiwan (56.2%) followed by Indonesia (30.85).
Carousell Gender Demographics Stats
- 56.68% of the total traffic on Carousell is male, and the rest 43.32% are female.
Age Distribution On Carousell
- 25-34-year-old is the highest number of visitors (29.5%) on Carousell followed by 35-44 years old (21.63%).
Also Read: How To Create An App Like Carousell?
Carousell Traffic Statistics
Carousell Marketing Statistics
- 52.67% of the total traffic on Carousell comes organically.
- 41.82% comes directly.
Social Media Traffic Distribution
- Carousell’s highest traffic from social media comes from YouTube (45.93%) followed by Facebook (25.81%).
|Social Media Channel||Traffic (%)|
By looking at all the stats mentioned above we can clearly see that Carousell is growing at a rapid pace. The company recently became a unicorn by having a net worth of $1.1 billion.
So, what are you waiting for?