Do you know, Adobe Commerce’s (formerly Magento) global ecommerce sales in 2020 were $224 billion? A stat that proves the growth of Adobe Commerce as an ec commerce development platform.
However, if you are looking for ways by which you can create custom order status then you are at the right place, here we have listed some steps that would help you do that with some add-on information.
So, jump in and check the content in this post-
- What Is Adobe Commerce?
- Steps To Enable Order Status In Adobe Commerce
- Different Types Of Order Statues With Their Codes
What Is Adobe Commerce?
Adobe Commerce is an ecommerce development platform that uses AI and advanced data-sharing capabilities to launch a marketplace. It supports both a B2C and B2B marketplace and also provides end-to-end solutions to merchants.
Steps To Create Custom Order Status In Adobe Commerce
Create Custom Order Status
- On the Admin sidebar navigate to Store>Settings>Order Status.
- Now on the top right corner click on Create New Status.
- Update order status information section- Enter a Status Code for reference. Remember that the first character has to be between (a-z) and the rest can be a combination of letters and numbers.
- Now enter a label that identifies the status setting in both the store setting and Admin.
- Inside the Store View Specific Label section, you need to enable the labels that are required for different label views and last click on Save.
Assign An Order Status To A State
- On the order status page, click on Assign Status To State.
Now you need to update the Assigned Information Section, to do that follow the below written steps-
- The first step is to choose the Order Status that you wish to assign. Choose them under the category of the status label.
- Now set the order status to the right workflow setting where the order status must belong.
- At last, you need to select the “Use Order Status Bar as Default” checkbox.
If you want this status visible from the storefront then you need to select the “Visible On Storefront” checkbox.
Set Notification Of The Order Status
- In your Admin sidebar go to Stores>Settings>Configuration.
- Now on the left side panel click on Expand the Catalog and choose RSS Feeds under it.
- In the Order section click on the Order section and enable the Customer Order Status Notification and lastly click on Save Conf.
Different Types Of Order Statues With Their Codes
Here is a list of different order statuses and what that means-
|When the order is in the state of processing.
|If your order is marked as fraud then that means the order invoice has not been issued and the confirmation email is also not sent.
|This code is shown when a customer is redirected to your payment gateway but no payment is made.
|When the payment is made but PayPal is reviewing the payment.
|No shipment and invoice has been initiated.
|This status is assigned manually when you put an order on hold.
|The order and status memo is still open and requires further action on it.
|The order is completed and the customer has paid.
|The order was assigned a credit memo and the customer has received the return.
|Paypal Canceled Reversal
|PayPal has canceled the reversal.
|The payment has been made but PayPal is still processing it.
|PayPal has reversed the transaction.
Now, in the end, we hope that through this post you were able to create custom order status in Adobe Commerce. If you still have some doubts then you can scroll down and click on any of the contact info and we will be there to help you.
However, if you are looking for an Adobe Commerce Development Company then you should check out Appic Softwares. We have an experienced team of Adobe Commerce developers that can help you with integration, migration PWA development, and more.
We can even help you with Adobe Commerce Mobile app development which allows you to sell more items from your store and generate higher revenue.
So what are you waiting for?