Do you know, 79% of shoppers at least shop online once a month? The ecommerce industry is in its growing stage and people across the globe prefer to shop online due to its ease of use.
If you are planning to launch your store and are confused about which ecommerce approach to follow, then this blog is for you.
Here we have listed 8 factors that will help you decide which way to go for your ecommerce store. So, check the content in this post-
- 6 Ecommerce Stats That You Must Know
- Single Vendor V/S Multi-Vendor: Pros & Cons of Each Approach
- 8 Factors To Consider For Single Vendor V/S Multi-Vendor Approach
- How To Develop An Ecommerce Store?
6 Ecommerce Stats That You Must Know
- 24% of the total retail purchases are expected to take place by the end of 2026.
- The worth of the ecommerce market is expected to be $8.1 trillion by 2026.
- Till now 57% of online shoppers have reported shopping internationally.
- 40% of online purchases are made through social media influences.
- 91% of shoppers make online purchases using their mobile.
- In 2021, mobile commerce sales accounted for more than $360 billion in sales.
Single Vendor V/S Multi-Vendor: Pros & Cons of Each Approach
Pros & Cons Of Single Vendor Approach
Advantages of Single vendor approach:
- Difficulty reduction- As you would be dealing which just a single vendor, the difficulty in finding the issues with the products reduces. You can easily communicate with them and solve the problem.
- Workflow optimization- You can develop a communication process wherein all you need to do is inform the vendor about your stock details and they will automatically take care of it.
- Easy to implement strategies- All you need to do is discuss strategy with one vendor and quickly implement it. This reduces the time to market and you can easily be one step ahead of your competitors.
Disadvantages of Single vendor approach:
- Risk of dependence- As you would be dealing with just a single vendor, you would totally be dependent on them. If there is some fault in their manufacturing equipment then you might have to suffer.
- Difficult to find the right vendor- At first you might face some difficulties in finding the right vendor that produces high-quality products in your niche. The more rare you niche the higher the difficulty to find the right vendor.
Pros & Cons Of the Multi-Vendor Approach
Pros of the multi-vendor approach:
- Low risk of dependence- As you would be dealing with and getting stuff from different vendors the risk of dependence reduces and help you run your store smoothly.
- Chances of selling high-quality products- Some vendors are experts in design while some are in development, thus you can deal with both the vendors and upscale customer experience in your store.
Cons of multi-vendor approach
- Difficult to administrative- You won’t be dealing with just a single vendor, you need to be connected with many vendors at a time that you may find difficult.
- High cost of operation- If you are using an operation management system that automates your tasks then this might cost you more as you need to integrate more vendors into the system. There are possibilities that you need to hire a manual workforce to manage your inventory and vendor communication.
8 Factors To Consider For Single Vendor V/S Multi-Vendor Approach
|Chances to get high-quality products||❌||✅|
|Complex business operations||❌||✅|
|Low in cost||✅||❌|
|Ease of strategy implementation||✅||❌|
|Require intensive staff training||❌||✅|
|Get versatile products||❌||✅|
|Low integration difficulties||✅||❌|
How To Develop An Ecommerce Store?
Conduct Market Research
The first step is to know how your competitors are performing and what their pain points are. Later you can use this data to your advantage and create USPs in your store. The pain points can be collected via surveys, reading comments on social media posts, reading PlayStore or App Store reviews, and more.
Partner With An Ecommerce App Development Company
The next step is to find an experienced ecommerce development company that can help you create an app and a website. Partnering with them will help you get new ideas as they are currently in the market and dealing with different clients.
Moreover, they would be handling all your IT parts allowing you to focus on business operations and marketing.
Choose The Right Tech Stack
One more important step is to choose the right tech stack whole developing your store. You can either use cross-app development platforms like Flutter, React, etc, or develop apps separately for Android & iOS.
We hope that through this post you were able to gain fresh knowledge on Single Vendor v/s multi-vendor ecommerce approach. Here we did mention some pros & cons for both approaches with 6 stats that you should have a look at.
However, if you are looking for the best ecommerce app development company that can help you create a custom store, then you should check out Appic Software. We have an experienced team of ecommerce developers that can use the latest technologies like AI, Flutter, React, and more to launch your app.
Additionally, we are providing free mobile app designing that will inform you on how your app would look and function.
So, what are you waiting for?