Table of Content
- Do you know what “open-source mobile development” means?
- Putting together the pros of an open-source mobile app
- What is the EdTech business?
- Why should you make an Open-source EdTech app for your phone?
- What an open source EdTech mobile app must have
- How to Make an App for Education?
E-learning has become one of the most popular and useful ways to learn in the EdTech business. Traditional ways of teaching have been changing for a long time. There has been a big change toward online education over the past few years because it is flexible, easy to access, and cheap. Because of this trend, there is a lot of demand for people to make e-learning apps, which can make learning fun and involved for students.
Open-source e-learning app development is a big part of how the EdTech business has changed. It has made it possible for teachers and students to make and use high-quality educational material that can be used by anyone, at any time, in any place. This article will talk about how using open-source to make e-learning apps can change the education business.
Do you know what “open-source mobile development” means?
It is called “open-source mobile development” when open-source software and tools are used to make mobile apps. No one has to pay to get open-source software; anyone can change it and give it to other people. When it comes to mobile development, open-source software can include tools, libraries, operating systems, and development platforms that are used to make mobile apps.
Putting together the pros of an open-source mobile app:
- Saves money
Most open-source software is free to use, which can help bring down the cost of making mobile apps.
- Making changes
Developers can make open-source software fit their needs because it can be changed and shared.
- Working together
When writers work together on open-source software, it can lead to the creation of better, more reliable software.
- Easy access to a big group of people
A lot of the time, open-source software has a big and active community of developers who work on it and help other people who are using it.
What is the EdTech business?
EdTech, which stands for “educational technology,” is the use of technology to help teach and learn. EdTech includes many different types of digital tools and resources, like online classrooms, learning apps, videoconferencing software, virtual and augmented reality, and technologies that change as you learn.
EdTech aims to raise the quality of education and make it easier, more interesting, and more useful for students of all ages and classes. EdTech can help teachers tailor lessons to each student, present information in fresh and new ways, and give students more chances to work together and give feedback.
EdTech is used in K–12, higher education, vocational training, and business training, among other areas of education. The business is expanding very quickly because of better technology, shifting learning tastes, and the need for adaptable and personalized lessons.
This is important information about the EdTech industry: • The global EdTech market will be worth $404 billion by 2025, after rising at a rate of 16.3% per year from 2020 to 2025. MarketsandMarkets is the source.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has sped up the use of EdTech solutions around the world. By 2020, the market is expected to be worth $252 billion. (From MarketsandMarkets)
- The USD EdTech market will grow from $8.4 billion in 2020 to $43.1 billion in 2025 in the US. Technavio is the source.
- 85% of teachers use teaching videos in their classrooms, which shows that video use in education is growing. (From Kaltura)
- The market for online education will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 17% from 2021 to 2025, adding $247.46 billion to the total size of the market. Technavio is the source.
- The K–12 online education market in China is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 20% and reach $29.96 billion by 2024. Technavio is the source.
Why should you make an Open-source EdTech app for your phone?
Here are some good things about using open-source mobile apps in school:
The EdTech business has been growing quickly because more and more technology is being used in schools. A report from Grand View Research says that the world EdTech market will grow to $404 billion by 2025.
Lots of demand
The pandemic has made more people want to learn online, and many schools and other educational institutions have switched to internet learning. This has made a lot of people want EdTech options that can help with remote learning.
Low prices of doing business
Compared to standard businesses, making an app can be a pretty cheap way to make money. You don’t need a physical spot or the costs that come with keeping it up and running when you use an EdTech app.
How to Scale
Anytime you need to serve a lot of people, an EdTech app is easy to make bigger without any extra work.
Multiple ways to make money
An EdTech app can make money in a number of ways, such as through in-app sales, subscriptions, and ads.
Effects on people
An EdTech app could improve education by giving people who might not otherwise be able to get a good education the chance to do so.
What an open source EdTech mobile app must have
When making an open-source EdTech mobile app, here are some important features you should think about adding:
Authentication of users and their roles
A feature that lets users make accounts, log in, and see material that is specific to them. User roles can help you tell the difference between students, teachers, and managers, and they can give each group access to different functions and features.
Getting better at managing content
administrators and teachers can control things like lessons, quizzes, and tasks that students are learning. The content management feature should let you add, edit, and remove material, as well as plan when it will be released.
Tools for communication
A tool that lets teachers and students talk to each other through voice calls, chat, or videos. This tool can make it easier for people to work together and give each student the help they need.
Getting feedback and data
A feature that lets teachers and administrators make and handle tests, keep track of students’ progress, and make reports. The analytics tool can give you information about how well your students are doing and show you where they need more help.
A feature that uses game design to get students interested in learning and keep them there. To make learning more fun and engaging, this feature can have things like leaderboards, rewards, and badges.
Support for Mobile Devices
An important element that makes sure the app works on a variety of mobile devices and operating systems. Different screen sizes, gadget capabilities, and network connections should all be taken into account when making the app.
Compatibility with Open Source
This is a tool that lets developers help make the app better and make changes to it to fit their needs. Open-source systems and tools should be used to build the app so that the community can contribute and work together.
How to Make an App for Education?
If you want your education app development job to go well, you should do the things listed below:
- Figure out the issue: You need to know what issue you want to solve before you can make an education app. For starters, you can look into the current state of education and pick out places that need to be fixed.
- Figure out who your target crowd is. This is very important because it will help you understand their needs and make the app that meets those needs. Think about things like the age range, amount of education, and location.
- Make a sketch and a prototype. This step should be done after you have a good idea of what you want to make. This will help you see your app and understand how it will work.
- Choosing a development tool is the first step in making an education app. You can use native Android, cross-platform frameworks like React Native or Flutter, or web-based apps.
- Make the app. Once you’ve picked a site for making apps, you can start writing code. Wait your turn and keep your mind on the task at hand.
- Make sure the app works. This is an important part of making an app. Before you start the app, make sure you test it carefully to make sure it works the way you want it to.
- Launch the app: Your app is ready to be launched once you’re sure of it. You can start by releasing it to a small group of people to see what they think.
- Keep making the app better: Finally, be ready to keep making your app better based on what users say. In the long run, this will help your app stay useful and current.
The field of making e-learning apps is growing very quickly and offers great possibilities for both businesses and teachers. Putting together an educational app takes a lot of careful planning and work, but the benefits could be big.
E-learning app development companies like Appic Softwares can make a profitable and useful app that changes the way students learn by understanding the basic parts, revenue models, and technology stack. The EdTech industry has a lot of room to grow and make a difference, whether you’re making an app for K–12 students, college students, or adult learners.
For that reason, Appic Softwares can offer you a top-notch e-learning mobile app creation service if you’re ready to join the EdTech industry.
So, What Are You Waiting For?