Do you know, that there are more than 27,000,000+ PHP websites running across the globe? A stat that showcases the reason why you should prefer PHP for Ecommerce website development.
In this blog, we will inform you on how to create a website using PHP. So, let’s check the content of this post:
- Why PHP?
- Benefits Of Creating A PHP Ecommerce Website
- Top 3 Websites Using PHP
- How To Create A PHP Ecommerce Website?
- How Appic Softwares Can Help You Create An Ecommerce Website?
Even after more than 25 years in the IT sector, PHP is still utilized to build dynamic, responsive websites. The key is in the extensive list of benefits it has provided over the years, spread across numerous editions with new features. The following are this general-purpose scripting language’s main benefits:
- Open-source: PHP requires no financial commitment and can be set up rapidly. As a result, it is a completely open-source programming language that supports a wide range of PHP frameworks, such as Laravel and Symfony. The developers find it simple to manage the overall expenses associated with web development.
- Dedicated community support: The vast, seasoned, and devoted PHP development community is the reason for the strong community support of PHP. Because this programming language has a plethora of tutorials, hints, and extensive sets of FAQs for rapid assistance during development, developers can take full advantage of it.
- Database connection: The various database types are easily accessed by developers. Developers can therefore choose the necessary database based on their needs and the specifications of the project case.
- Legacy code: Since PHP has its own updates, there’s no need to search for updates and versions in other languages. As a result, without having to rewrite the code in a foreign language, all the various websites built with PHP over the years can profit from their improvements. Furthermore, because of its lengthy history, clients may easily discover skilled PHP developers.
- PHP is one of the simplest programming languages available, both to learn and to use. Moreover, proficient developers can effortlessly utilize it to create impactful websites including interactive user interfaces.
- When it comes to adaptability, PHP is compatible with all major web browsers. Additionally, it gives developers a variety of operating systems to select from and provides flexibility and scalability for businesses.
- Security: Despite being a free-source language, PHP is just as safe as any other advanced programming language, which may surprise some. Thus, it is feasible to prevent cyber security attacks on websites and web servers.
- Tested language: Because of the large developer community, PHP has been tried and tested. Additionally, the independent framework library used for PHP unit testing is called PHPUnit.
Benefits Of Creating A PHP Ecommerce Website
Cloud Compatibility with Servers
Deploying a PHP application on AWS, AWS Lambda, etc. is simple. All of the PHP applications’ cloud implementations give developers the chance to update to contemporary technologies without switching to a new programming language. As a result, scalability and various functions are advantageous for all PHP applications.
Any operating system can be used with PHP because it is a cross-platform language. It can also be combined with any other programming language in an efficient manner. Therefore, both expert and novice developers can profit from the advanced features of flexible website building while utilizing PHP.
HTML Programming Embedded
Because PHP contains embedded HTML programming, it works well with HTML. As a result, any PHP application completes the web page’s HTM code rather than altering it. Furthermore, because it gets more complicated than a conventional HTML page, PHP tags come before HTML tags.
Reasonably Priced Hosting Services
PHP’s LAMP architecture is one of its key advantages. This tried-and-true stack employs a MySQL database and an Apache HTTP web server that is installed on a Linux system to operate a website. As a result, the development time is drastically shortened.
The majority of PHP development tools are free, and the integration with several frameworks guarantees end-to-end website development. A few of the most important PHP frameworks are Laravel, CodeIgniter, and Drupal. Therefore, the developers can take advantage of a fully open-source programming language thanks to this free technology.
Various Database Choices
PHP is compatible with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS-SQL, and SQLite, among others. Moreover, it can be utilized with Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, and other non-relational databases. Developers can therefore select from a variety of databases based on what they require.
Quicker Loading Times
When compared to other programming languages on the market, PHP enables speedy webpage loading. In addition, it operates three times faster than Python, its nearest rival. Thus, companies can raise their search engine rating by only spending money on PHP-powered websites that load quickly and are therefore well-liked by users.
An Abundance Of Records
With the abundance of tutorials, manuals, and other learning resources available, developers may get started with PHP development rapidly. It is one of the main causes of how simple it is to learn PHP coding.
A Huge Developer Community
Based on their experience, PHP developers are available at competitive prices. As a result, options from expert developers or junior developers are available.
Top 3 Websites Using PHP
Did you know that PHP is the only language used on 78.1% of websites using server-side programming? When it comes to the most well-known and often visited websites that employ PHP, these are the top 3 websites that select PHP as their partner:
It is among the five most well-known retail PHP websites in the United States. It is one of the biggest e-commerce sites built with PHP, with over 45 million active buyers at this point. HHVM implementation is used to optimize the webpage performance for documentation. A static analyzer called Phan has been included, which further automatically detects any potential incompatibilities between PHP5/7.
Another good example of an e-commerce website design is Flipkart, which was primarily created using PHP. Right now, one of the most well-known e-commerce websites dominates internet markets.
PHP is used by Baidu, a Chinese technology marketplace, to service its 665 million monthly active users. Baidu’s primary features include the ability to drag and drop, take full-page screenshots, launch recently closed apps, and more.
How To Create A PHP Ecommerce Website?
Creating a website using PHP involves several steps, from setting up your development environment to designing and building your web pages. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started
However, if you wish to have a PHP Ecommerce store developed then Appic Softwares can help you with it. Directly click Here and let us manage your development.
Set Up Your Development Environment:
- Install a web server: You can use Apache, Nginx, or other web servers.
- Install PHP: Download and install PHP on your computer. You can download it from the official PHP website
- Install a database server (optional): If your website requires a database, consider installing MySQL, PostgreSQL, or another database management system.
Choose a Code Editor:
- Use a code editor or integrated development environment (IDE) for writing PHP code. Popular choices include Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, or PHPStorm.
Plan Your Website:
- Define the purpose and structure of your website.
- Decide on the features and functionality you want to include.
Create HTML Templates:
- Design the layout of your web pages using HTML. HTML is responsible for the structure and content of your site.
Write PHP Code:
- Embed PHP code within your HTML templates to add dynamic functionality. PHP code is executed on the server and generates dynamic content.
- Learn the basics of PHP, including variables, functions, and control structures.
- Use PHP to connect to a database if needed.
Styling with CSS:
- Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to style your HTML content.
- Keep your CSS separate from HTML for better organization.
- Test your website on different web browsers and devices to ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Debug and fix any issues or errors in your PHP code.
- Implement security best practices, such as validating user input and preventing SQL injection and cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- Learn about PHP security measures, like using prepared statements for database queries.
- Choose a web hosting provider to make your website accessible on the internet. You may need to purchase a domain name.
- Upload your website files and databases to the hosting server.
- Regularly update your website content and code to keep it current.
- Monitor the website’s performance and security.
- Implement caching and use content delivery networks (CDNs) to speed up your website.
- Keep thorough documentation of your code and the website’s architecture to make future maintenance and collaboration easier.
- Regularly back up your website’s files and databases to prevent data loss in case of server failures or security breaches.
Launch Your Website:
Announce your website’s launch to the world.
Now, in the end, we hope that through this post you were able to learn how to create an Ecommerce website using PHP. However, if you are looking for an Ecommerce development company, that can help you create a PHP store, then you should check out Appic Softwares.
We have an experienced team of PHP developers who can assist you in gaining the most out of your store.
So, what are you waiting for?