Planning to be an e-commerce merchant but stuck between WooCommerce V/S Shopify? To help you make the right decision, we have jotted down a detailed comparison between both platforms.
We have also added customer reviews for almost every topic that will help you make the right decision. So, let’s have a look at the content in this post-
- Ease Of Use Comparison
- Cost Comparision
- Marketplace Comparison
- Dropshipping Comparison
- Customer Support Options
Ease Of Use
- Shopify ease of use- Shopify is a fully hosted platform, so you don’t need to install any software or plugin. This also creates a secure environment for your store and you don’t have to worry about backups.
- WooCommerce ease of use- It is not a hosted platform like Shopify, which means you have to install the WooCommerce plugins, keep backups, manage updates, and more. This can create a hectic schedule for you and can hamper your business growth.
“Shopify seems superior to me for a lot of reasons. It is easy to build out a website, a lot of templates and it integrates SEO into the backend. Works well with 3rd party apps, and much more.”
“Basically, WooCommerce is a plugin so we cannot use it anywhere else and it also slows down WordPress by adding a bunch of CSS. Sometimes there are also issues with checkout and shipping and also payment integrations.”
- Shopify Pricing- The pricing plan of Shopify starts from $29, and you can upgrade it to a $79, or $299 plan. In each plan, you would get an SSL certificate and web hosting. As you keep on upgrading the program, new features get unlocked, such as the plan $29 plan will include a basic reporting feature whereas the $79 will have a professional reporting feature, and so on.
- WooCommerce Pricing- As WooCommerce is built through WordPress, you only have to pay for the domain name ($14.99), SSL certificate ($69), and web hosting cost. You don’t have to pay for these services monthly, thus it cost less as compared to Shopify.
“The price is a little high. I do wish they had some better pricing structure or long term customer discounts or multi account discounts.”
“ I enjoy the pricing and developer-friendly back-end.”
Both platforms come with a marketplace feature that allows you to easily integrate with third-party applications.
- Shopify Marketplace- Shopify has a powerful API integration feature and an app store through which you can integrate various applications and scale up your operations. You will find apps related to every feature such as lead generation, shipping automation, and so on.
- WooCommerce Marketplace- As WooCommerce is built on WordPress you get access to 59,000+ free plugins. Although they are free, when it comes to authenticity, you might face some issues with them. Additionally, adding plugins to your WordPress can also make your website slow.
“ My personal favorite thing is the app store. There are thousands of apps that can add pretty much any feature.”
“Its native functionalities are quite basic and have not evolved much over time. You need to install additional add-ons, some of which are paid, to have an excellent online store.”
- Shopify Dropshipping- It allows you to create a user-friendly store that makes shopping easy for your customers. Moreover, it comes with a lot of apps that you can purchase from its app store and run your business smoothly. Some of the apps that you can find are return management apps, ship management apps, inventory management apps, and so on.
- Dropshipping WooCommerce- It also comes with plugins that make your dropshipping process quite easy. However, it won’t be handling the technical part of your website which means you have to worry about the security of your website.
“The best about this platform is that we can easily and simply make drop shipping websites with the use of Shopify, we just need to create an account and choose the best suited for our dropshipping store.”
“The shipping cost options are horrendous. There needs to be a way to make this easier.”
We Created A Dropshipping Website Through Shopify, Check It Out
Customer Support Options
- Shopify Customer Support- They provide a wide range of customer support that too 24X7. Shopify provides you with support through video tutorials, a knowledge base, voice support, chat support, and so on. Moreover, they have a community base and Shopify also conducts live webinars to help entrepreneurs learn new stuff about Shopify.
- WooCommerce customer support- Just like Shopify, WooCommerce also provides 24X7 customer support and that too across various platforms. However, as it is a self-hosted platform thus, WooCommerce can not provide server-related customer support.
“24/7 customer support but let me tell you the glitches are next to NO!”
“One thing I dislike is no customer support. Whenever, I face a technical glitch or some relevant issues, I am unable to find help. There is no active community to support.”
By looking at the above comparison, we can definitely say that Shopify is the winner. However, if you want a cost-effective website then you can go with WooCommerce.
Moreover, if you are looking for an e-commerce app development company, then you should check out Appic Softwares. We can build custom e-commerce websites and also websites through Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, WordPress, and so on. Our developers can use the latest technologies like Flutter, AI, Angular, etc. to launch your app.
So, what are you waiting for?