People are always looking for love and friends. They want someone to make them happy and feel like they want something because they are so busy. Some people look for their friends and family, but for many, their pets are their best friend. Getting a pet is one of the most exciting and comfortable things you can do. They are known to help people deal with stress and love them no matter what. In the past few years, the pet business has grown a lot. The American Pet Product Association says that about 85 million houses have a pet. The percentage of homes with pets has grown from 56% to 68% in the last 30 years. It’s easier to get a pet than to take care of it. What a great idea! I love taking my dogs for walks in the afternoon, but do we always have time for that?
Especially in the West, where life moves quickly and is always busy. Tech can save the day and make life easy for people who own pets in these situations. It might seem strange that technology can help you take care of your pets. Pet care apps for phones have become very popular in the past few years. A lot of people in the west use these apps. Pet owners may find it easier to take care of their pets when they use these smart apps. When you’re not at home, these apps let you know where your pet is. They keep an eye on your pet’s health. They also let you know where your pet is at all times. As one of the US’s new markets, the pet tech market has a lot of room to grow.
THE URGE FOR A MOBILE APP FOR PET CARE AFTER COVID
A lot of people already use cat care apps in the west, but since COVID, that number has doubled. This is even more true now that people are working from home because of COVID, and their pets make it hard for them to focus on their work. Imagine that you are on a video call with your boss and your dog starts barking because he is hungry. That would be very embarrassing. When this happens, cat care apps like these become even more important.
The numbers also show that the market for gadgets that pets can wear will be worth $2.6 billion in 2019. For professionals who work from home, these kinds of apps can be very helpful. Their pet and their work can both be taken care of at the same time. If your pet gets sick, you can easily talk to a doctor online at any time and keep a real-time record of the visit.
WHAT DO THE APPS DO TO HELP PET OWNERS TAKE CARE OF THEIR PETS AFTER COVID?
A lot of progress has been made in technology, and smartphones have made it easy to plan daily activities to take care of pets. A lot of new companies are getting into the pet care development business and making apps for iPhone and Android users. The apps can be used to do things like walk dogs, play games, get health checks, and live chat. The tools have made taking care of pets easier and more fun. People who own pets but don’t have time to check on every part of their lives can use these apps to keep an eye on their pets’ health and fitness, the food they eat, and their living situations.
Animal hospitals and cleaning shops are also making these kinds of apps to make their services more competitive and to make pet owners’ lives easier. The pet care business is growing at a rate of 2.7% per year, and it will likely hit USD 202.6 billion by 2025.
WHAT TYPES OF MOBILE APPS ARE THERE FOR PET CARE IN THE BUSINESS?
Mobile pet care apps can be broken down into several groups based on what they do:
- Pet care:
- First aid
- Veterinary advice
Pet care: This area has tools for finding a dog walker or sitter and keeping track of where your pet is. These are some of the apps in this group:
Wag- This is the Wag app for iOS. It lets you hire a dog walker. You can book a walk through the app, leave a key for the dog walker, pay for the walk through the app, and see where the walk is at all times on a map.
Dogvacay- If you move a lot and don’t have anywhere to leave your dog, this app is great for you. The owner can use the app to have someone board their dog at home instead of at a standard kennel.
Whistle: This is another useful app for pet owners. It lets you track your dog’s location using GPS. You can use this pet care app on your phone to keep an eye on dog walkers and pet sitters to make sure they are doing their jobs right.
- Entertainment – pets need fun things to do too, and their owners want them to stay healthy and fit. These tools can help pets get out and play, which is good for their minds and bodies. The pup pod is one of these apps. It’s a high-tech, multifunctional game that gives the dog the tasks he wants. The app also lets you play with the pet and see how they’re doing
- First aid: these apps are helpful when your dogs are being sick or hurt. The Red Cross’s Pet First app has steps on how to give first aid to a pet in an emergency before the vet gets there. The app has tools for preventative care and a guide on how to give medication. It also lets you quickly call the doctor.
- Veterinary advice—these kinds of apps let you speak with doctors on your phone. It’s the pet owner who sends all the important details about the pet, like tests, x-rays, and videos of the pet showing signs. One of these apps is Pet Coach, which lets you talk to a vet for free. People who own pets can look for signs and ask vets, trainers, chefs, and other experts what they think.
WHAT YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR IN A PET CARE MOBILE APP
In the past few years and even more since covid, the pet care business has grown and become more valuable. Because pet owners like the apps so much, new companies and startups can try their hand at the pet care business. There are things that app developers should think about if they want to make a pet care app that meets the needs of pet owners and makes money for the developers as well. Here are some things that pet care apps should be able to do.
Profile for pets—this function has details about the pet. Things like the breed, color, age, weight, health details, information on sterilization, and so on. It should be simple to fill out the fields, and since some people have more than one pet, they should be able to make multiple accounts at once.
Food monitoring: This app feature lets owners keep an eye on how much food and water their pets are drinking so they can make changes to their pet’s diet and spot any health problems early.
Exercise: This tool lets you plan walks and other physical activities and keep track of your time, distance, and walking speed.
GPS tracking—this tool will help you always know where your pet is.
Medical documentation—this feature has official medical records about the pet’s allergies, chronic conditions, and vaccines.
History and trends: This feature shows what the pet does, when it sleeps, and how often it eats.
Notifications: This feature will let the pet owner know when the pet is going to the vet, when it’s time to walk and feed it, when it’s sleeping or doing something, where it is, etc.
Search: This tool can help you find places like dog parks, vets, groomers, emergency rooms, and more.
In case of an emergency, this function gives you instructions on how to give first aid and medicine. It is done with pictures and images to help the owner understand.
Communicate with a veterinarian— this function is very useful because it lets us talk to the vet about our pet’s health. It should also be possible to make a movie to show the pet’s symptoms and injuries.
A pet care app for phones that can be useful after COVID
Because so many people work from home, these pet care apps for phones can help you keep track of both your pet and your work at the same time.
- Petphone: This app makes it easy to keep track of your pet’s health. The pet owner can go into great depth about their animal and list any health problems they may be having. Besides that, it can take care of more than one pet at the same time. The owner can also keep track of visits and medications this way and not forget them.
- Kibble– Pet owners can use this app to find out exactly what their pet should be eating and what is best for them.
- Petoxins: This app tells pet owners in great detail which plants are bad for their dogs’ health. It is a great tool that comes with a huge collection of pictures.
- Family dog: This app is like a game for your dog. The owner can use it to motivate their dog to go for walks regularly while keeping track of their progress. For your dog, it would be like a game right there in the house. You can keep an eye on him without having to leave your work, and he doesn’t have to go anywhere.
- Live video apps: If you have an iCam or other live camera app, you can check on your pet during the day. People who have dogs that suffer from worry should also keep an eye on their pet’s stress levels and behavior. People who own pets will be able to see what troubles their pets are having.
- First aid for Australia- There are a lot of useful and life-saving tips in the First Aid for Australia app in case your pet gets hurt or sick. The app connects to the nearby veterinary center, making it easy to get in touch in an emergency.
WHAT PET OWNERS CAN GAIN FROM HAVING A PET CARE APP
Pet parents can really benefit from using a mobile app for pet care. Here are some of the benefits:
- It makes things easier for users so they can focus on more important things.
- Notification and messaging apps make it easy for dog owners and teachers to talk to each other.
- You can use the app without any worries because it is safe. It lets you make payments in a number of easy and convenient ways.
- The apps let the dog owner and dog trainer talk on the phone or email right away.
- You can also quickly send pictures and videos of your pet to its owner through the app.
- The apps can send daily updates to pet owners about what their pets are doing.
Australians love their pets like family and spend a lot of time and energy taking care of their health and cleaning them. There are a lot of cat owners in Australia—one of the most in the world. In Australia, pet care is a very successful business. About two out of five homes have dogs. More and more dog owners are worried about their pets. They take their dogs to grooming shops, buy them fashion accessories and heated mats for the winter, and buy them gourmet meats and treats.
WHAT APPS DO FOR PET CARE IN AUSTRALIA
In 2015, Australian families spent more than $12 billion on goods and services for their pets. This is 42% more than the previous year, and about $7 billion of that was spent on dogs alone. But because of the shutdown, they couldn’t take care of their pets because all the vet shops were closed. Pet owners can take better care of their pets with the help of mobile pet care apps. People used these services when they couldn’t bring their pets with them to onsite trips. The app and pet services were also used by people with disabilities and the old, who were less sure about the covid situation. With so many people working from home these days, these apps are helpful for pet lovers.
New mobile apps are being made every other day because technology has come a long way. Pet care apps for phones are also becoming more popular and being used more, and pet owners make the most of them. With these apps, people can get all the resources they need from the comfort of their own homes, making their lives easier and more enjoyable.
So, what are you waiting for?